Engr. Liza B. Silerio, Vice President of SM Prime Holdings Inc. is elected to the ARISE International Board. She is one of the seven (7) elected members out of twenty (20) nominees who will serve until July 2022. Ms. Silerio is the 2nd Filipino to hold the position following Mr. Hans T. Sy whose term of office expires in July 2020.
The Private Sector Alliance for Disaster Resilient Societies (ARISE) is a United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) – led network of private sector entities whose members voluntarily commit to align with the Sendai Framework, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Paris Climate Agreement, New Urban Agenda and Agenda for Humanity. Its Mission is “To create risk-resilient societies by energizing the private sector in collaboration with the public sector and other stakeholders to achieve the outcome and goal of the Sendai Framework in a transparent and inclusive way that delivers local and measurable impact.”
The Philippines Local Network, to which Ms. Silerio belongs as National Secretariat Head, is one of the networks under ARISE.
Other elected members of ARISE International Board are:
- Chloe Demrovsky – Disaster Recovery Institute International, United States of America
- Martha Herrera – CEMEX, Mexico
- Satoshi Hijikata – Kokusai Kogyo, Japan
- Fernando Perez de Britto – AI Systems Research Ltd, Brazil
- Ahmed Riad Ali – Estmrarya Management Consulting, Egypt
- Nirankar Saxena – FICCI, India
Three (3) Board Members were appointed by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) to complete the ARISE International Board:
- Lizra Fabien, DAIC, Dominica
- Michael Sudarkasa, African Business Group , South Africa
- Hans-Peter Teufers, UPS Foundation, Germany
The Board is co-chaired by Ms. Mami Mizutori who is the Assistant Secretary-General and Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction in the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR).